Thursday, December 7, 2017

Create Your Own Ornament Wreath


If you are like me and you have somehow accumulated no less than a million round ornaments that you will never possibly be able to use, this project is definitely for you!  I love the look of the ornament wreaths, but I'm cheap and hate paying for them.  I figured out how to make this beautiful ornament wreath and it was so easy to do!
I bought a foam wreath form at Joann Fabrics.  I have a hot glue gun and glue sticks on hand so if you don't already its worth the investment!  I had most of the ornaments I needed in various sizes, but they are also very inexpensive to buy in bulk or you can get them at the Dollar Tree.  You should have at least 2 different sizes, I have 3 different sizes on my wreath.  Decide on a color theme or go crazy with multicolor! I stuck to metallic and added some matte and some glitter for a little bit of contrast.

Start by gluing the larger ornaments on the outside circle of the foam. Glue to the foam as well as the adjacent ornaments for durability.


Then glue the ornaments along the inside circle of the foam.  Once complete, fill in the remaining area with various sizes.  If you see any bare spots, fill with smaller ornaments.  It can help to lay the ornaments on first without gluing just to give you a better idea of the layout.  Vary your colors so that they aren't all grouped together in the same area.  Here is what mine looked like when complete!


You can hang it with a pretty ribbon of your choice. My kids actually really enjoyed helping me with this project.  They took all of the hooks of the ornaments and handed me the ornaments as I glued them on.  It went really quick and I love how it turned out!


Do you plan to tackle your own ornament wreath this holiday?  I would love to see yours if you do!  Visit me on Facebook and see more of my creations at Flipping Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment